Sunday, January 30, 2011

To The Kings

Daily Nugget:  

Remember, O Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.  2 Kings 20:3



King Hezekiah had heard the bad news... he was going to die.  The prophet Isaiah told him to "put his house in order".  This was his prayer to God.  Wow.  When I read this, I immediately prayed that I could bring this same prayer before my Savior when the end of my journey comes.

God heard Hezekiah though, and gave him more years to live.  What an awesome God we serve.  Death was coming, Hezekiah had been faithful and called out to God, and God delivered him for a time.  God chose to use him just a little bit longer! 


O Lord, May I walk faithfully before you with WHOLEHEARTED devotion.  May my life be totally surrendered and open before You.  You are my God, my King, my Healer.... May I do what is good in your eyes.

***  I must say, reading 1st and 2nd Kings exhausted me!  These kings just didn't get it.  There were a few like Hezekiah who followed God in His fullness... but most of them "did evil in the eyes of the Lord".  To realize how far His chosen turned away from Him, must have broken God's heart.  He is after all a jealous God... and He did get angry!  But still today, Israel is God's chosen people.... He still calls them and waits for their return to Him. 

I am so thankful that God is also a stubborn God... and continues to call us to Him. 

Today ended a 21 day fast within my church family.  The fast coupled with reading through God's Word, has radically changed my life.  I sense an urgency to be with Him.  To give Him the beginning of my time.  I am excited to see what lies ahead for me (and for you) as we read through His anointed word!

No comments:

Post a Comment