Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wisdom Please!

Daily Nugget:

So give your servant a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. 1 Kings 3:9a


Solomon became king after his father David went the way of the dust.  He was young, but knew how important it was for him to follow God's leading. 

He went to make sacrifices to God and was granted whatever he would ask for.  Wow... he had so many choices that he could have taken.... but wisdom is what he asked.  Wisdom to know right and wrong. 

God was so pleased in his choice that He granted Solomon all the other blessings as well... wealth, peace and long life.  God did however ad a "but" to it all.  Wisdom would only be guaranteed if Solomon continued to walk in God's way.

Wisdom is something we all should seek, God's wisdom, not the wisdom of "men".  I admit I do not ask often enough for the wisdom I need to be a wife, a mother, a daughter, a teacher.  I need more wisdom. 

God will be faithful to us if we ask even today for His wisdom in our life and in our circumstances.  But I believe we have the same "but" ...  we must continue to walk in God's ways.  If we are not walking with Him, spending time with Him in prayer and worship, how can we ever know what He is telling us.  He can only impart His wisdom to us when we continue an open communication with Him.  He is just waiting for us to ask....


Lord, I need YOUR wisdom to be a great wife.  I need YOUR wisdom to be a wonderful mother to my children.  I need YOUR wisdom to take care of my parents, be be a good friend, to be a good worker in Your kingdom.  Give me wisdom as I read Your word and seek Your face.  I will continue to follow after You...

No comments:

Post a Comment