Monday, January 10, 2011

Be Holy

Daily Nugget:

I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy.  Leviticus 11:44



My reading for today has been filled with tedious facts and information.  I think I can honestly say, although I find it amazingly wonderful that God gave such detailed direction for worship and atonement to Moses... I'm thankful we do not still have to go to that extent today.

I am thankful that Jesus sacrifice on the cross for me, was enough for the rest of my life.  Hallelujah!

But I do believe we are still to give Him offerings!  Offerings that He finds as a "sweet aroma".  I believe we are to give Him worship.. all the time, not just while the songs are being sung on Sunday.  I believe we are to give Him our first fruits - whether that is our time or our finances.  I have realized, after all, it is already HIS.  He choose to give me another day to live so therefore, it should already BE HIS.

God has called us to consecrate ourselves.  One dictionary has this to say:


Consecration is the solemn dedication to a special purpose or service, usually religious. 
The word "consecration" literally means "to associate with the sacred".

 Solomn dedication to a purpose... wow.  Am I dedicated to one purpose - to be Holy and live my life to God?  Would someone associate me with 'sacred".  Too often, I would say no.  But we are still called to consecrate ourselves and become holy because HE IS HOLY!  We have a high calling.  It will take much effort.

Praying, fasting, giving - just to name a few.  These things we are called to do, in order to be Holy as He is Holy.  I know I still have a great journey to take before I would see myself as Holy.  But again, the blood that consecrated me, that was my sacrifice, has already been spilled.  My 'ram" was Jesus Christ, and because of Him, I can be Holy!  Praise the precious name of Jesus!

Now Father... I pray that we would not get so tied up in the specifics of what is "holy" that we forget it is all about YOU and not about US.  We can never truly do everything 100% perfect all the time, but we should most certainly strive for that.  I praise you, for sending YOUR son to die such a horrible death, just for me.  I ask Lord, that my sacrifices to you would be as a sweet aroma to You.  That you would find joy in what I have to offer.  You are my everlasting Father!  I love you so much!

1 comment: