Monday, January 3, 2011

On a journey...

well at least that is how I feel.  I am starting a journey... to find God, and my place in His will.

I love the Lord with all my heart.  But I am seeking His face, His voice, His hand in my life and family in a way I never have. I desire to know God in such an intimate way.. that my life is forever changed!  And that my family is forever changed.

Tonight I started a 90 day challenge to read through the Bible.  I am so very exited!  I read my first day's assignment and wow... I am so happy to see things "pop" out that I never realized or had seen before!  God is so good!  I pray that God will continue to illuminate His word to me as I seek Him deeper and deeper.

Father God, I pray that these beginning days of 2011 will bring a new direction for my life.  Lord I ask that You give me vision and clarity in what Your will is for me.  You know my hearts desire... show me Your way and I will walk in  it!  I praise You Lord... and wait with great anticipation of what YOU have in store!

Anyone want to join me for the challenge?  Today's scripture was Genesis 1:1 through Genesis 16;16.


Today's Nugget:

Genesis 5:24  Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

I can honestly say I have never read this verse (at least that I remember).  I am totally in awe of the recording of scripture that Enoch walked with God.  For this to be important enough to be forever written, for all the world to see.... I believe Enoch "MUST" have been a man that excelled in Godliness.  God was so pleased with Enoch's life that he did not face a natural death, because God just chose to take him to heaven.  Enoch was special!

Lord, may the history of my life, when I leave this earth be: She walked with God.  May my children, my heirs to come... know that I walked with God.  What an amazing legacy.  May I be forever so faithful!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Vanesssa :) It may take me a few days to literally get on "the same page" as you with the reading schedule, but I will come back to your entries and add as the Lord speaks to me.

    I've considered starting a similar blog, but I fear that I won't follow through... Won't add that to my plate at this point, but may begin eventually.

    LiC - kim

    ReplyDelete