Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 31 - Matthew 6:9-13


“This, then, is how you should pray:
    “‘Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
    your will be done,
   on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from the evil one.

I have really enjoyed these 31 days.  God has moved in my life, because I've spent a little extra time with Him daily, by writing these posts.  God is changing and growing and transforming my life in ways I can not explain or even comprehend right now.  I am so thankful.

I couldn't think of any better way to end than with the Lord's Prayer!  It covers everything we need to know of how to pray to God.  It is so easy.  He is ready and waiting for us to just come to Him.  I would be lost without the ability to call on my Dad's name and bring all my praise, needs and failures to Him.  

I wanted to leave you with the same prayer in the translation of my children's Bible.  It is so beautiful. 

“This is how you should pray.
“‘Our Father in heaven, 
may your name be honored. 
May your kingdom come.
May what you want to happen be done
on earth as it is done in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
 just as we also have forgiven those who sin against us.
Keep us from falling into sin when we are tempted.
Save us from the evil one.’

No comments:

Post a Comment