Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 28 - Ephesians 4:2



Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

My pastor has been teaching/preaching through the book of Ephesians this month.  And our Life Groups have been based on these messages.  (Oh wow, it has been so good!!!)

This week Pastor Tim spoke on Unity, and tied it in with this verse.  

The corner stones to living in unity are so simple, yet we make it so difficult.  

Be humble.
Be gentle.
Be patient.
Bear with one another.
Be love.

We were challenged at the end of the message - to pray and ask God to reveal to us which of these were areas we needed God to help us.  I'll be totally honest, patience is probably my greatest weakness here.  I become so wrapped up in the doing, that I lose patience with my husband, my children, as well as just people I see day to day going through life.     

What do you struggle with?  How much more should we pray for God to help us in these areas?  Unity in the body of Christ is so important.  If the "world" around us sees that those who profess His name can not abide together, why would they want our Jesus?



No comments:

Post a Comment