Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 - 2 Corinthians 2:14


But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 
                                                                         2 Corinthians 2:14

This verse has two very important elements.

The first is that it tells u God always leads us in triumph in Christ.  We are ALWAYS going to be triumphant.  I realize sometimes it doesn't seem like it.  We definitely can feel defeated.  But we have to set our minds on heavenly things.... because it is there, that we will always have victory.

God, through the death and resurrection of His son, triumphed over death and the grave.  In Him, we are able to do the same!  We are will triumph over the enemy, because Christ blood has already fought the fight for us!

The second part of this verse, for me is a challenge, and a call to "step up" my life in Him.  Christ manifests through us, the SWEET AROMA, of the knowledge of Him.

So, if He is using ME to show how sweet it is to know Him... what kind of stench comes with my bad attitudes? How foul smelling does He seem when I make things all about me?  Oh my.... forgive me Jesus... for anything I do, that takes any fragrance from Your SWEET AROMA!

What type of "aroma" are you portraying?

No comments:

Post a Comment