Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 23 - Deuteronomy 5:29


Oh that they had such a heart in them, 
that they would fear Me and 
keep all My commandments always, 
that it may be well with them
and with their sons forever!

God our Father truly desires that His people would have a heart for Him.  That we would fear Him with a reverent fear, and be faithful in repentance when we sin.  God does not want any of us to suffer loss in eternity.

God longs for us to have such a heart for Him and His ways that we would follow every command.  That we would love Him so much that we would always want to live our life according to His plans and purpose.  We can't just follow one command, we have to follow them all, not just some of the time, but all of the time.  If not, we must be repentant in heart.  

We need to love God enough to seek Him constantly and keep ourselves "right" with Him.  In doing so, we will be "right" within ourselves.  We will have a peace and a comfort in this life, and into eternity.  I believe that when we have peace, and live our life for God, that it spills over into our children. 

My hope is that by loving God so much, keeping to His commands and with repentance going before the throne when I fail, that my heart will always be "well" and that it will follow my children.  Nothing is more important to me, than for my children to follow the same "good" paths as I have.  And keeping a heart after God... will hopefully keep them from following the wrong ones I went down as well!

Oh Lord, may I have such a heart for You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment