Sunday, October 21, 2012

Day 21 - Ephesians 3:17b

And I pray that your love will have deep roots. 
I pray that it will have a strong foundation.





Paul was praying for the Ephesians.  He called to the Sovereign God on their behalf.  One portion of his prayer was that our love would have deep roots.  

Our love needs deep roots, we need deep roots in Jesus Christ.  We also need deep roots in loving and serving others.  When we have roots that run deep, it stabilizes the foundation so that we are strong! 

When our foundation is firm in Jesus and our roots dig in deep - into prayer, into His word, into fellowship of believers, into communion with the saints... it enables us to do far more and abundantly more than what we could ever imagine.  

When we are assured of our place and love in Christ, and that our foundation is secure, we are able to step out of our solitary place, in order to share His love and His strength with others.  

I am blessed by a church that "does life" together.  During a time of fellowship this past week, somehow the conversations came around to the struggles my family is facing right now.  Things have kind of been turned upside down, due to health issues with my husband, and job loss.  I have gone from a full time stay at home and homeschooling mom, to a work part time and homeschooling mom.  

Even though I see my kids more than many parents who work probably do, my kids are sensing a loss.  You see, I'm also not good at sharing when I need something.  But somehow, God just opened doors and had a precious young woman from our church just ASK.... What do you need?  So I shared, just a day of something fun for my kids!  She said, "Well we can handle that."

I know that this young woman has a strong foundation, and her roots run deep.  She knows the love Jesus has for her and her worth in Him.  So she is able to take that love and lavish it on my kids.  In turn, that love is lavished on me.  I can not even begin to tell you, how awesome that feels.

Sometimes, it is just a good thing to ASK someone what they need.  It may just be that simple!  And you can give that love away...... because your foundation is sure and your roots run deep!  

I pray.......... you will have deep roots and a strong foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment