Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10 - Matthew 6:21






Yesterday I wrote about my treasures in heaven.  And although I do know that ultimately, everything on earth will pass away and become ashes.... while I walk on this earth, I do have treasures here.

I treasure my husband.  We have been married almost 15 years.  We were high school sweethearts, but situations ensued, life changed, and we both found ourselves in different paths.  Thirteen years, unfortunate divorces, struggles, hurt, healing and 4 children later.... he walked into my church.  I don't know how else to explain it all, but I knew I was still very much in love with him, the moment I saw him.  (By the way, that was while I was on stage, singing in worship. Whew!)  God's redemptive grace is so good... we married after much counsel, and have been very much in love 15 years and three MORE children later!  

He is my treasure.  We have been through so much together, some very hard struggles, and now we face new ones with his health.... but he knows the keys to my heart.  He holds my hand.  He is my opposite in everything I need.  We work together, face life together, and believe God has His hand o n our family.  Even in our "worst" days, when I think of him, my heart is touched.  There are no words in the English language that can sum up how we feel about each other.  So although, we will both pass away, our goal is to be treasures on earth to each other, and see each other face to face one day in heaven.... I hope I will know he is still my treasure there!

My children are my treasures.  I have given birth to four beautiful and amazing children.  God knit my heart with three more, in whom I love dearly.  As far as I am concerned... I am mom.  They all call me mom, except my oldest son, who calls me MA, much to my annoyance! Ha!  They vary in age from 14 to 6 as of this date!  And our relationships are complex - married children and in law children, grand babies too, one engaged, one about to graduate, one 11 year old tender heart, one 9 year old tough guy, and my 6 year old princess!!!  Every day is something new.  We have been through bumps and bruises, fights and fusses, and I'm sure there are more to come.  But oh my goodness, I love these children with a passion.  They are  my heart, they are my treasures.  I hurt when they hurt, cry with them and for them.  I plead with God over them, their spouses, their future spouses, their relationships with God.  When they are broken, I am broken.  When they rejoice in life, I rejoice for them.  There is nothing I would not give or do for my children.... they are the best of my life. 

When my days on this earth are gone, if my children (and grandchildren) can say - she loved me, she loved God, and I am all the better for it, then I have accomplished great things.  If they have a love for Christ and their family, then I have done well. 

And if I should leave this world, before my husband, if he can say - she loved me fiercely, she was my passion, she led our family to love the Lord, then I have done well.  If he knows that life without him would have never been the same, that I am thankful for every moment, every trial, and every victory, as long as it was with him.... then I can be happy. 

What I do for and through my earthly treasures, will matter in eternity.  I pray daily, that God will always find me faithful and say ... "Well done wife and mom, you did great things in the lives of those you loved."

What are your "earthly" treasures that matter for today?  If it is the hearts and lives of people, good for you.  If it is your houses, your cars, your toys, your appearance, the amount in your bank account, etc.......... maybe you need to re-evaluate!   

God, give me eyes to see my treasures here on earth.  My husband, my children, my friends and family.  Give me a heart to love them hard and fierce and to make a difference.  Show me how to love more those who I may struggle with.  May I touch their hearts for You, and may they be the better for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment