Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25 - Ephesians 3:18-19


May you have power with all God’s people to understand Christ’s love. May you know how wide and long and high and deep it is.  And may you know his love, even though it can’t be known completely. Then you will be filled with everything God has for you.  Ephesians 3:18-19

God loves us so much.  God loves me more than I can ever comprehend.  It will forever go beyond my very imagination.  How can I ever grasp the love of the God of the Universe, who spoke all things into being with just one word.  His love is amazing.  

 In these verses Paul sees fit to include dimensions of God's love.  

I looked up some commentary on this verse and here is what Matthew Henry has to say:  

 " The dimensions of redeeming love are admirable:  The breadth, and length, and depth, and height.  By enumerating these dimensions, the apostle designs to signify the exceeding greatness of the love of Christ, the unsearchable riches of his love, which is higher than heaven, deeper than hell, longer than the earth, and broader than the sea, (Job11:8,9)  

Some describe it like this:  By the breadth of it we may understand the extent of it all to all the ages, nations, and ranks of men; by the length of it, its continuance from everlasting to everlasting; by the depth of it, it stoops to the lowest condition, with a design to relieve and save those who have sunk into the depths of sin and misery; by its height,  its entitling and raising us up to the heavenly happiness and glory!"

Isn't that just beautiful! 


I am daily learning to believe the love of God.  To truly know how much I am adored and cared for by the Father.  Even in the midst of all my lowest condition, His love reached me.  And now, as I walk daily to grow closer and closer to Him, His love is still seeking me out.

I pray that my friends and my family would understand how much God loves us, how much He wants us to seek after Him and do His will.  His love is overwhelming and transforming!  There is nothing like it in all the world.

Do you know how dearly you are loved?  There is no measure that we can ever see or feel with our being... it goes beyond all comprehension!   

He loves me, oh how He loves me.................... yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment