Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9 - Matthew 6:21


For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:21

Treasure -
1. wealth or riches stored or accumulated, especially in the form of precious metal, 

money, jewels, or plate.
2. wealth, rich materials, or valuable things.
3. any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized

This verse comes alive to me in two different ways - Heavenly and Earthly
  
We live in this world, but what we "do" here goes much further.  Our treasures that will be counted for some day in heaven will be what we found important on earth. The acts of kindness done for the love of Christ will be recorded and preserved when we stand before God.  Anything done or received for our own glory will not stand the test of time... and will be nothing but ashes.  What we do matters. 

Let me ask you to just think about this?  

Where were the last five Heisman Trophy Winners?  
Who were the last five Miss America's?  
Who own the 5 most expensive houses? 

If you are like me, you have no idea!  I could not tell you even one of those, honestly.  But allow me to ask you to think about something else?

What teacher made the biggest difference in you life?
Who shared the love of Christ with you and discipled you?
Who do you enjoy spending time with?

Do you see the difference?  When I get to heaven.... I do not want to be  known for all the work I did in church.  I want to be known.... by how I touched peoples lives.  I want to be known because I made a difference in people!  That thought overwhelms me with sadness and urgency.... have I done enough for HIS name?

Part 2 Tomorrow - This verse and the Earthly things... 


No comments:

Post a Comment