Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2 - Zephaniah 3:17


The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight over you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.  Zephaniah 3:17

I love this verse.  It is one of the most beautiful and lovely verses in the Bible.  So, today, let's break it down:

The Lord your God - He is my God.  He is mighty and holy, all praise and honor and glory is due Him.  He alone is God, the Great I Am.  And He is mine.

Is with you - This same God, who is mine, who has all power and authority is with me.  I am never alone.  Every step I take, He is there. He holds my hand every step along the way, even if He seems silent in my situation, He is still there.  He has promised.

He is mighty - There is no one more powerful.  He can do anything He chooses to do.

To save - He is my warrior.  He redeems all of my messes.  He wars for my heart.  He delivers me from the evil one.  He is my protector and watchman! He watches my feet and keeps me safe, so that I can fulfill my calling and destiny in Him.

He will take great delight - He is joyful towards me.  He finds pleasure in my being.

Over You - ME!  With all of my faults, and weaknesses.  Me. He loves me! (and you)

He will quiet you - He will give me peace.  Comfort my soul.  Allow me to rest in Him.

With His love - Knowing He loves me, is like medicine to my  illnesses.  His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out.  His love is amazing!  And always available.

He will rejoice - Be excited, celebrate, He is overjoyed!

Over You - Me!  Because He finds me worthy and precious.  Because I am worth it!

With singing - My God, who adores me, sings over me.  He sings sweet love songs to my soul.  He is utterly and amazingly taken with me!  What a thought.  He sings over me!!!  I hope to hear one of those songs in heaven... when I meet Him face to face. 


How awesome!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment