Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving


I am thankful for my home. 

My home will never be "magazine" perfect.  At least for now, it is cluttered with kids belongings, homeschool materials, books, books, and more books, and just random things that make our house a home.

It is never as clean as I want it to be.  I would love new carpet, and new curtains, and the list goes on... but my house is a home.  It has provided shelter to the seven children I have, and my husband and I for many years now.... it is becoming a little more empty almost yearly now. 

My married children still call it home, and I am thankful for that.  I hope it is always home.  It is where our memories were made.  Their memories of Christmas, and Easter, and fun and silliness, of tragedy and of peace.  We have walked through every storm imaginable, and God has always been there with us.

Someday, my home may be clean and organized.  It may be neat and tidy.  But it will be so quiet, because those days will mean my children have left the "nest" for homes of their own.  I'm not ready for those days at all!  But wherever they are................may our home be a haven and a refuge and a place to come back too.


No comments:

Post a Comment