Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving "Catch Up"

Day 13 - Guess I missed this one... but I am thankful for the heritage of Godly women in my family. Thankful that I was taught about Jesus and His love for me very early. I saw my grandmother, great aunt, and my mom live a life of faith and strength. Such a blessing to my life.

Day 14 - Today I am thankful that God gifted me with strength. Sometimes my strength has hindered certain relationships, however, without this inner strength God has given, I would not have been able to walk through some of the things life has brought. I am not ashamed that I am strong, it is a great heritage from the women in my lineage... they were strong women, especially when they "had to be". Strength is a beautiful gift given by God.

Day 15 and 16 - I am thankful for my children. All seven of them.... they have taught me, mercy, grace, patience, unconditional love, how to pray the prayers that reach heaven, and the list goes on. I love them all so very much. Time is fleeting and they are all growing up and leaving home, one by one... hope they know how much I love them. Most of all, how much their FATHER in heaven loves them!!!

 Day 17 - Thankful for God's moving in my children's life. Just listened to my sweet Caden sing City On Our Knees for the kids talent on their final night of kids LifeGroup. Oh my... sang the whole song with soundtrack, perfect! He is 11, but has a sweet voice and I just know God has great plans for him!

Day 18 - So incredibly thankful for my church family. LifeChurch is my home and my family. Never have I been in a church, where there was such a desire for God in the staff, such a sense of unity and love within the body.... I know there is no perfect church.... but mine is pretty close...

Day 19 - I am thankful for the love of a great husband. We have (and still are) walking through life together, both good and bad, knowing that together with God who gave us each other, we can overcome anything. Regardless of what we face, I know that he is always there, and loves me more than I deserve. There is nothing in this world, more wonderful than knowing you are loved so very much, unconditionally, for a lifetime.

Day 20 - I am thankful for the colors of the fall leaves, for the chill in the night air, for the excitement it brings. For the sounds of creation and the beauty of the masterpiece God has painted all over the mountains around me.

Day 21 - I am thankful for the privileged of knowing and loving so many amazing people, I call my family. I'm thankful for great aunts and uncles and the stories they tell, parents and grandparents who still believe family is most important, and time spent with cousins who not only love the Lord, but are just fun to be with!

Days in between - I was in NON CYBER LAND - enjoying my family!  

Day 26 -   Another Day of Thanksgiving - well I have missed a few days, especially while we were tucked away for Thanksgiving weekend at Heritage Acres. I have so much to be thankful for! I have an amazing husband, who I love so very much, seven awesome children, each with their own gifting's, without these seven, life would never be the same! I have parents who love me and continue to give to my family in so man ways. I have a job that I enjoy, a church who loves my family, and welcomes my friends, and for that I am so blessed! The list goes on and on.......... and for it all, I am so thankful!!!

Day 27 - So very thankful for HOPE. Knowing that I have a hope in the future, a hope in the present.... brings such PEACE. God holds every moment, every breath in His hand, and learning to rest in that knowledge, brings freedom in every part of my life.

Day 28 - Thankful for my son, who serves with the US Army, and for his family.  And that today they welcomed my second grandchild.  

Day 30 - There are not sufficient words to express my Thanks and Gratitude to the God, for all that He has done for me and my family. I am blessed in so many ways... When you put your eyes on Jesus, and realize that what we have here on earth is only going to fade away, and realize that all our true treasures are to come... it changes your perspective. I'd love to say... I never worry or stress.
.. that I never waiver in my faith, but I do... I'm just very thankful that God loves me, holds my every moment, and provides for me all that I need. I am blessed with a amazing husband who loves me, children that God has graciously allowed me to be a "mom" to, family that continues to support and love me daily, a wonderful church and church family, and friends - real friends, who care and share life with me. Everyday is a day of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment