Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving


In the same way, teach the older women to lead a holy life. They must not tell lies about others. They must not let wine control them. Instead, they must teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children.  Titus 2:3,4

For a very long time in my life, I did not have many women in my life.  I had (have) a great mom and I was blessed to have a Godly and wonderful grandmother, but for the most part that was it.

I had a few friends over the years, but although they were good friends, what I had always wanted were women who would not only be fun to hang out with and enjoy, but also to share a spiritual bond with.

But within the past 2 years, God has brought some amazing and Godly women into my life.  I am thankful that although we have a good time and a lot of fun together, we are knitted together much deeper, in our faith.  I am blessed that they take the time to encourage me and lift me up when I need it.  That they share their life with me and that I can share mine with them.  I am thankful for those ladies who can teach me and stretch me.  I am also thankful for those who can chasten me when I need it.

I love how God gives us the desires of our hearts.  And knowing that I was in need of "sisters" He gave me some great ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment