Friday, January 27, 2012

In my weakness..


“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”  2 Cor 12:9 (portion of verse)

Our state was once again hit with devastating tornado's this week.  This time, it was much closer to home.

A sweet friend of mine, lost her home.  In fact there were many homes in her neighborhood that lost everything.  I was able to go volunteer one day, and when I began walking down the street, the sight almost took my breath away.

My friend, her husband and two daughters were spared with just a few minor injuries.  If you could see her house, you would wonder how.  I know that angels were hovering in the midst of the storm.  I have no doubt, that they were shielded by the power of the Almighty.

But still, their home and so much of what they possessed was just wiped away.  The morning after the storm, her first Facebook post of the day was a lighthearted joke.  The same the next day.  When I saw her and as I've spoken with her, the grace and beauty that she has displayed through this ordeal has amazed me.  She has a peace that only comes by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. 

I couldn't even begin to think of how many people she may have come in contact with this week.  And I am sure that of that great number, many do not know the Lord.  But what my friend has in her heart, she has lived outwardly and people have been watching.

I wonder how many lives will be forever changed because of meeting Clara?  I wonder who will stop and think, when their next "storm" comes, of the words she has spoken.  The words of praise and glory to God, that she has professed resolutely.

There are several people in my life right now, who are going through different types of "tornado's" in their life.  I wish they all had this same peace, this same grace at work in them.  Some do, and for that I am so thankful.  But there are a few, who only put their hope in a doctor.  My prayer is that someone, much like  my friend, will cross their path and share just as she has.

I will stop and think, when my next round of storms come, if His grace is being allowed to work in my weakness.  He is truly all I need.  He is able to do everything I can not.  He is able to calm my storm and hold this child all at the same time.  I hope that my life will be able to witness boldly, just as my friend has done.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment