Monday, January 9, 2012

Everyone...



 
And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.  Acts 2:21

Today our church began reading through the book of Acts for part of our 21 day fast and upcoming services.  Sunday was an amazing service, I can't wait to see what God has in store for His people over the next 21 days.

I love this particular verse.  Because it gives HOPE!  Hope that everyone can be saved.

I have several family members who I constantly pray and intercede for.  Years have gone by and to my eyes, I see no change.  Their life continues to become darker and my hope for them grows dim.

Have you ever interceded for a long time wondering when God would ever hear your prayers?  I definitely have in these situations.  It seems like nothing is happening.  I grow weary at times.  I feel hopeless that there will ever be a change.  The decay and death that their actions bring, breaks my heart, and I know the heart of God.
 
Yet God's word assures me that everyone - anyone, who calls on the name of the Lord WILL be saved.  There isn't any "maybe" in that verse.  Nothing saying your sin is too great, or you haven't paid a high enough price yet.  None of the verse gives any "Plan A, B C" that has to be followed.  No, it is so simple, just call on the  name of the Lord.

I've heard people say that they will come to the Lord when they "get it together".  Oh my sweet friends, we do not have to wait.  Just call His name.  He is waiting.  He takes us as we are, where we are.  He loves us so unconditionally.  Call His name.. the sweet name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment