Thursday, January 5, 2012

In the House





Those that are planted in the house of the LORD will flourish in the courts of our God. Psalm 92:13

We are called to be planted in the house of the Lord.  "Church" is not just a "good idea", it is a place each of us, as believers need to put down roots.

Now I am aware many people think "TV" church is good enough... or that a fellowship of believers isn't really necessary.  However I believe that if the Word of God speaks multiple times about being in His House, then we need to give it deep consideration.

We need a support of believers.  We need a safe haven.  "But you don't understand...", you say.  "I've been hurt."  Well my friend, join the long list of those who have.  But is that the only place you have been hurt?  Of course not.  What about at work?  In your own family?  In the social group you spend time with?  I'm sure that somewhere along the way, you have been hurt as well.  But do you throw your hands up and say "no more"?  Probably  not.

In Warrior Chicks I read the following:  Don't just make church a place where you spend an hour on Sunday.  Make it a place where you dwell.  It should be a place where REAL people with REAL lives and REAL problems can find REAL help as they worship a REAL God.

This is the church I want to be a part of.  Luckily, that is the place I have found.  But, it took searching, praying, visiting.... direction!  And even in this amazing church where I have "put down roots"... not everything is perfect.  But the saying goes... no church is perfect because it is made up of imperfect people.

Yet what I have found is a like minded friends who have become my support.  They have become my spiritual warriors.  I have found a place of safety to be myself and allow others to see the "real me".  It is my place to be rooted and God's promise is that I will flourish.

Where is your House of the Lord?  Have you put down roots, or are you just a Sunday morning visitor?  Find a "home", allow roots to grow, and see how you will flourish!  It is God's promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment