Monday, December 27, 2010

Tis So Sweet...

to trust in Jesus.  Just to take Him at His word..  ahhhh contemporary music is amazing, but I still adore the hymns of the church!  Just so simple and to the point... ha.

The after Christmas blues have set in on me I think.  So many things that I've just set aside that I must now focus on flood my thoughts.  I feel overwhelmed with much of it.  You know when one thing happens...and it seems to open the flood gates.... well that is where we were before Christmas... and now I have to calculate, add, subtract, worry, fuss... etc.  But today... that old  hymn is the first thing I've set into my thoughts. 

I choose to trust Jesus.  His Word is ever true.  I trust Him.  I know that He sees the bigger pcture in all things.  It is so good to know that although I only see a very small picture - a picture that sometimes looks realy dim - I know the bigger picture will be so much more than I ever imagined.  So Lord, although my mountain seems really GIANT at the moment... I know you are where my faith and trust shall remain!

What are your mountains?  Do you know how sweet it is to trust in Jesus.  To take Him at His word; to REST upon His promise.  Ahhh... rest, sweet rest.  I pray today that you and I both... find a sweet rest. 

Lord, I am so very blessed in so many ways.  Help me to not see you smaller than my mountains!!!  Let me know you are bigger, and I can rest in You.  Bless those that read my blog.  Bless those who touch my life.  Bless those who choose to rest in You and trust Your promises!  You are a great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment