Friday, December 31, 2010

Saying Good Bye to 2010...

I honestly can say... I'm very glad to see this year go.  I look back and am so very thankful for what God has given us, and brought us through.  We have had some very happy times, and some very hard and heart wrenching times as well this year. 

I find great joy in knowing my children are healthy.  I feel abundantly blessed that God lead us to a new church and has supplied some wonderful friends for my children (of all ages).  I am thankful that even through the darkest hours of life, God has brought my husband and I to a deeper commitment to each other, and to HIM!  I am blessed that our children have been witness to our trust and faith in God.  They have been witness to our hurt and "anger" and frustration at God as well.... because honestly... don't we all sometimes just NOT understand, if even for just a moment... WHY?  But our family as a whole has seen and been keenly aware that our small picture and "plan" is nothing in light of HIS ways and HIS plans for us and those in our life.

Our family has lost loved ones this year... and added some new ones.  For each I am thankful... for it shows that life begins and ends... and it begins and ends with the Father.  In HIM we have all things... and in HIM is our beginning and ending.

I am glad to say goodbye to 2010.. and welcome 2011 with open arms.  I expect God to be in total control.  I pray that when I lay my life and family down before His throne at the strike of midnight... that I am able to leave it there... knowing that HE has it all under control!

So... goodbye 2010.... thank you for the times of teaching, times of joy, and times of abundance and lean.  And Thank You.. that you are going out quietly... as 2011 is ushered in on my knees...  May I spent more time on my knees than ever before and more time in God's presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment