Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Weakness, His Power

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

I just want to encourage you today, that what you are walking through is for a purpose.

As our family continues to walk through a very tough and challenging time, I have found myself on my face, begging God to let it end.  And honestly, I do want it to end.  I am tired, and I am weary.

But this morning, I woke up with a different prayer on my lips.  (One I should have already prayed.)  My prayer was:

Father, I surrender.  I surrender to YOU.  I can not make things change, or move faster, or hurt any less - but you can.  You alone know every detail of where we are, and what needs to happen and You alone know the final outcome.  So I give you everything - my husband, my children, my finances, my wants, my needs, everything is Yours.  Help me to rest in You in the waiting.  Help me to leave it all where it belongs, in Your hands.  Please teach me everything that I need to learn from this experience and may it all be for Your glory and Your praise.

I am weak, I need His power.  It is a promise from God - His power is made perfect in my weakness.  He is enough for me.

Are you struggling in a hard, dry and weary place?  I encourage you to surrender and just allow God to work in you, right where you are.  He is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment