Friday, January 18, 2013

Listen Wisely

I’m surprised that you’re so quickly deserting Christ, who called you in his kindness, to follow a different kind of good news. But what some people are calling good news is not really good news at all. They are confusing you. They want to distort the Good News about Christ.                                                 -  Galatians 1:6-7

The Galatians are receiving a warning, to be aware!


I love to read.  I especially love to read books written by pastor's and christian laymen in ministry.  I love that so much insight can be given to me by others.  But sometimes, I get into a book that everyone has "raved" about, and realize... wow... something is just not right here.  

I believe that in today's society where there are so many "flavor's" of Christianity, I must be careful what I set my mind on when reading.  And even more so, I must be cautious of what is being taught to  my own children.  We must be diligent to compare everything by the one standard that never changes - the Word of God.



Jesus, I am so thankful for so many Godly writers, and for their passion to share Your word.   Please help me to be wise and make good choices in what I read.  Help me to understand, just because it is the latest and greatest, that it may just not hold up to the test of Your sacred Word.  And my YOUR Word, always be my first focus!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment