Friday, June 22, 2012

Learning Thanksgiving...

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

I am reading a wonderful book called:  One Thousand Gifts: Daring To Live Fully Right Where You Are.  It is beautifully written.  The author has a beautiful way with words... so it is a delight to read.

Oh, but what I am learning through it all.  I have taken on the challenge to list 1,000 things I am thankful for.  Things that are "gifts" to me, daily.  We use the verse in Ephesians and kind of swipe our hand over "everything"... thinking we are being thankful.

We have however missed the mark.  Are we truly thankful for EVERYTHING?  Can I say, thank you Lord, when my ice maker is out?  Can I see past the front of my house that needs work and cleaning, to say, thank You Lord, for my home?  I am being challenged, to be happy, to find JOY, right where I am. 

I challenge you to get this book and begin to read.  Start a list of things you are thankful for.... small things, big things, everything.  See how it affects your life.  I promise, you will find a joy, that you have never had.  I promise, that you will see blessing in the midst of the crisis.  It will change your outlook on life.

I challenge you again, to bring this home.  Have a wall, or a poster, or something in your home that you can have your children join you.  If they are older, buy them a special journal.  Create a home and family who understand gratitude.  It is a lovely thing!!!

More to come.. 

(Feel free to click on my link 1000 Gifts.)  Share some of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment