Friday, May 4, 2012

Seeking Treasures

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matthew 6:21

I choose to be a stay at home mom.  I choose to be a homeschooling mom.  I do not believe that everyone is called to do the same.   And I won't look down on others' that choose to work or send their kids to other places of learning.

But... I am concerned for those who choose to put anything above the biblical priorities of their home.

I love to be a mom.  I love to teach (most days).  I love to be there for every little thing.  I love being a wife.  I love seeing my husband and being his help meet. 

My treasure is found in my husbands touch, my children's hugs, my friends happiness, my churches ministries that reach others and save the lost.  These are the treasures that I seek.

Sometimes, I do have a pity party for myself.  What if I had a bigger house, a lawn keeper too!  Why can't I have a new car?  Why does living even "simple" seem to take so much of my sweet husbands income.  Why not......... new clothes, shopping sprees, awesome vacations, cool cars, manicured lawns, diamonds, gold, silver, perfume, well......... you see my point.

And much of these "things" I could have had, if not for my choices.  I believe God has given me every "good and perfect" gift.  I am loved and adored by my husband. He is my protector, my cheer leader, my best friend.  I have blessings galore that stem from our seven children.  I have a sweet grand-son.  I have so much that fills my treasure trunk........... and the best part of these treasures... I CAN take them with me! :)

My priorities were not always this clear, but as I have grown closer to God.  Loving, serving, teaching, praying, leading and all those wonderful things I get to do every day, mean more to me, and to eternity, than anything - ANYTHING, this world can offer. 

Thank you Daddy God, for these amazing and wonderful treasures you have placed before me.  I'm so thankful that I am still learning to do what You have called me to do, in my home and in these jewels lives.  May every step I take, every nose I wipe, every tear kissed away.... always remind me that my choice was the BEST, that You had for me.  I am so very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment