Friday, May 2, 2008

Thoughts today...

A few weeks ago, I attended a Servant Church Conference in Georgia. It was a wonderful weekend and God did a great thing in me and is continueing to grow me. But we all know growing is sometimes painful.

Today I have been working in the workbook Relational Foundations: Experiencing Relevance in Life and Ministry. In today's section the writer talks about an experience he had while sharing communion. He tells that as he read the words, something hit him hard and he began to weep. During this time with Jesus "near ones" , those that He loved so dearly, he was pouring out His heart about his death and all that was to come. In this time that should have been so sacred and special to those with Him an argument broke out, about which of them (disciples) would be considered the greatest. As the writer shared, my heart too was broken.

Jesus long to be intimate with us, and love us and share all He is with us. But we ignore that thinking of ourselves. How sad He must be that even those of us who love Him, still look so much like those in the world we are to be apart from.

My prayer, is to realize and keep before me His sacrifice, so that I love HIM so much, that I want to be more and more like Him, so that I may be less and less like "me".

No comments:

Post a Comment