Friday, January 2, 2015

365 Days Through the Bible....


I have started today, with a reading plan to go through the Bible in 365 days.  I read through the Bible about 2 years ago in 90 days, and although I enjoyed it, I know there is so much more God wants me to see and know about His word!

The awesome website #SheReadsTruth will be going through the entire Bible - so I'm jumping in with them.  (They are also beginning this year with a study on the book of John - you should check it out!)

So - with all that being said - although I probably will not post a daily thought on what I read, I do plan (hopefully) to be consistent sharing the words that speak to my heart.

Today I played catch up from January 1st reading.  I have read Genesis Chapter 1-6 and John 1-2.  (When you read the Bible - highly recommend using a "real" Bible - not online and have a choice of several colors of highlighters.)  I love to highlight and underline and make notes.  (Someday my children will inherit this Bible - I want it well used and falling apart!)

I have read about Cain and Able many times - you know they both knew the difference between right and wrong...  but Cain was entertaining sin.  In Gen 4:7 God told Cain - If you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.

All these hundreds and thousands of years later - we are still just like Cain.  We know what is right and what is wrong.  If we would only do what was right.  But instead - we allow the sin crouching at our door to overtake us.  Sin desires our very life.  It is only through the Blood of Jesus that we can overcome it.  Even in Genesis - God knew how desperately we would need a Savior.

My thought - for 2015 (and always) purpose to do what is right, in all things.  Because the enemy of my life wants nothing more than to drag me down to his level.... But I have a Savior!


No comments:

Post a Comment