Monday, October 6, 2014

Integrity

“But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity; redeem me, and be gracious to me.” Psalm 26:1

Today's prayer for our sons is so very vital.  Integrity is something that is rarely talked about these days, and even far less is it displayed! 

I'm very thankful that my husband has been a man of integrity during our marriage.  It has given me great discussions with my sons and daughters.  If our children are to have and walk in integrity, we must live it out before them.  They need to know that what we do, where we go, what we say, what we watch and listen too... all fits under living a life of integrity.

I remember years ago, I visited my husbands office with some of the kids.  He was a manager at that point and had his own office.  I remember one of the ladies in the office making a comment to me, that he was a "good man" and that he always was so careful of appearances when dealing with women.  

We as a couple, had already early in our marriage had the discussion of what to do if we were in ever in situations when we had to be alone with someone of the opposite sex.  As much as we tried to prevent that scenario, it inevitably happened in his line of work.  I was a great feeling to know that he was living up to what we discussed, even though it was possible I wouldn't have ever known.

There are things almost every day that we can use as a "teachable moment".  Do your sons understand how important their integrity is, do your daughters?  Are you making a conscience effort to show them and teach them by the life you life?  

Jesus please help me to walk with integrity in all that I do.  May my life exemplify to my children, both daughters and sons, how important living a life of integrity is.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment