Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lavished upon

 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, 
       that we should be called the children of God."  
                 1 John 3:1

 

I love my children. 

I love each one. 

I love their uniqueness. 

I love their smiles. 

I love their hearts.

I love to give them hugs and kisses.

I love to receive them back.

Nothing in this world, makes my heart leap, like my children.

I love to lavish on them..... lavish my love, sometimes gifts that they really want, my time, my life.

I love to give to them all that I can.

I love giving them an education.

I love most of all, sharing the love of Jesus with them. 

And best thing ever..................... seeing them lavish love of Jesus.

You see, our Father, loves us just as much, even MORE, than I can ever love my children.

And the Word says, He lavishes us with His love.  That we may be called the children of God.

I have a precious dad.  I love him too.

But to know that I am a child of God.  A child of a Redeemer.  A child of a King.  A child of a Savior.  A child of THE Creator of all things.....  and that one Who holds the world, loves  me. 

That is beyond all my small comprehension. 

Thank you Father, for loving me, for lavishing me with that love, abundant and true and faithfully.  I cherish being Your child.  May I daily give my children a glimpse of that love, and lead them closer to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment