Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - Forward

“Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:1b-3a

Happy New Year! For the past few years, I have had my "word" for the year. Last year it was PEACE. I will admit, this has been a very hard year, but I have known a peace that I never knew before. God's peace has made itself so real to me in so many ways.

I wish I could say, that as this year ended, everything was "GREAT" for our family, but there remains unknowns, and so much more. But I have found a peace that truly passes my small understanding.

So what is my "word" for 2014?

It is FORWARD.... because sometimes, moving forward is the difference between life and death. In the scripture, it says when we pass through the waters, and through the rivers, and walk through fire........... He is with us.

So for me, continuing to move FORWARD, even in all my waters, and rivers, and fire, is an accomplishment. I know that the Word also talks about being "still", and there are definitely times for that. But right now, in this time of my life, it is about moving FORWARD.

Time is not stopping, my family is not stopping, my desire for God in greater ways is not stopping... it all is moving FORWARD. I just have to remember that He is with me, and that nothing can consume me, because He is with me. So in this new year, beginning today......... I move FORWARD.

Here is Wednesday Worship: Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment