Monday, January 26, 2015

James 1:12

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:12

I am totally on track with my reading for the year, horribly behind on my blogging!

Reading James - I will be honest, I have a love/hate relationship with James!

Considering it pure joy when I face trials............... not so joyful here!

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trials.................. God I've been persevering for almost 3 years now, as we walk through this horrible road.  I realize that the goal for standing the test isn't a crown here........... it is in heaven. But could I please just have a little break from it all while I'm still here?

But then he says:  "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows."   Ahhhh.... You really do not ever change... whether through trials or through your good gifts - you are always constant and always the same.  Thank you!

My heart is really heavy for someone I love so dearly, who is set to wreck their life, and I can do nothing about it.  They can't see good gifts, they refuse to realize trials are only for a time, they get just close enough to God to feel His presence and then run screaming.....  I do not understand.

My heart is breaking... because all it would take for real joy and real peace if for them to just STOP and let God heal their brokenness.  Allow God to give them good and perfect gifts - knowing that when trials do come - He is always constant.

Why can't they see - regardless of whether life is great or life is hard - He just wants them to trust Him, because He never changes.

Father, I pray for my loved one who is running so hard away from you, as for the person who may be reading this who is running.  God I pray, that your light would shine from the heavenlies and they would just STOP running and allow You to work in their broken places.... broken hearts, broken pasts, broken marriages, broken promises, broken families..... wherever they are broken - may they know YOU are always constant and they can depend on You.


No comments:

Post a Comment