Saturday, October 4, 2014

Obedience!

May (he) walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).

I want my sons to be obedient because they want to be.  I want them to do what is required of them because they love me and their dad.  I want them to follow God's word because their hearts belong to Him and because they believe it is what will make their life whole and complete.


Jesus, please help me to shape my young men into obedient young men.  May they want to keep Your commandments and follow Your Word, because they want to, because they have a holy "fear" of You.  Show them that obedience is a sign of strength and not of weakness.  Help them to know that those who truly love them will never abuse their obedience.  May these young men serve You and hold to You all the days of their life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment