Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving


3 In the same way, teach the older women to lead a holy life. They must not tell lies about others. They must not let wine control them. Instead, they must teach what is good. 4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children.  Titus 2:3,4

For a very long time in my life, I did not have many women in my life.  I had (have) a great mom and I was blessed to have a Godly and wonderful grandmother, but for the most part that was it.

I had a few friends over the years, but although they were good friends, what I had always wanted were women who would not only be fun to hang out with and enjoy, but also to share a spiritual bond with.

But within the past 2 years, God has brought some amazing and Godly women into my life.  I am thankful that although we have a good time and a lot of fun together, we are knitted together much deeper, in our faith.  I am blessed that they take the time to encourage me and lift me up when I need it.  That they share their life with me and that I can share mine with them.  I am thankful for those ladies who can teach me and stretch me.  I am also thankful for those who can chasten me when I need it.

I love how God gives us the desires of our hearts.  And knowing that I was in need of "sisters" He gave me some great ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment