Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thoughts on my birthday...

I am so thankful that I have been blessed to live in this world for 41 years.  My prayer to my Father is that I have many more healthy years to come.

I truly am surprised by where I am in life.

I am a wife to a wonderful man.  He blesses my life every day in so many ways.  God has given us a strong marriage.  We have had more than our share of storms, but through each one, God has shown His faithfulness to us.  And through these times, our love, passion, marriage and relationship with God has grown stronger. 

I am a mother to seven children.  Four came from my body, three are part of my heart.  I am beyond blessed to be called "mom" by Sheila, Shawn, Macaylin, Amy, Caden, Caleb, and Cayla.  My love for you seven goes beyond anything I could ever put into words.  I treasure every moment we share.  My prayer has always been, and will continue to be, that you will all find your way to salvation and serve God always.  There is nothing in this world more important.

I am a mother in law to Daniel and Caitlin.  I am thankful that my oldest two children have found someone to share life with.  Love each other.  Grow together.  Depend on each other.  Never let the world around you, divide you.  Marriage is sweeter, the longer you stick it out!  Believe it or not, some of the really tough times, will yield the sweetest memories.

I am a grandmother.  (That is still really hard to say.)  I would love to spend more time with my first grandchild, Taven.  But his daddy serves our country in the Army.  So pictures have to do the job for now.  He of course is beyond handsome!

I am a daughter.  I have the privilege of still having only two parents.  Although I know there have been times my parents have been less than blissfully happy, yet they have always purposed to stay together.   They love each other.  They have been good parents to me and I am blessed.  They will never know how much they mean to me and how much they have touched my life.  I also have some really great in-laws.  You really do marry a family.  I love my in-laws very much!  (After all, they are the reason I have an amazing husband.)

My most important role, is as a daughter of the Most High God.  My life would be nothing with out Him.  Every day, every breath, every moment He has been with me.  Sometimes waiting on me to make my mistakes, in order to realize how much I really  need Him.  Sometimes, He is just holding me in His arms and loving me.  I love the relationship I am in with Him now.  Every day, I am growing more and more.  He is leading me into places of ministry.  I am discovering my purpose, and how to minister to those in my realm.  If at the end of my life, I can say I used everything He gave me... I will feel as though I have done my best.

If I could haven given myself advice years ago, this is what I would share:

Time goes quickly, even if you think it doesn't.  Don't wish your life away.
 
Seek the Lord, in everything.  You will never make the wrong choices if you do.

See yourself as God does.  Do not let the opinions of others hold you back from you destiny.

Wait for the right man.  There may be fifty in your sight, but if He is not who God has for you, it is a waste of time and energy and yourself.  Don't give the special moments in life to just anyone.  Waiting may be a horrifying thought, but when HE comes... you will be so glad you did.

Appreciate and stay close to your family.  Friends are great, and they are needed, but no one takes the place of your family.  

On the subject of friends.... make good choices.  You are known by your company, like it or not.  Those who pour into your life will shape your future.  

Believe God, Trust God, Seek God, Serve God, Give Everything to God.... No one loves you like He does!  No one!  


I am so very excited to see what God is going to do in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.  It's only  just beginning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment