And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20
I am reading a wonderful book called: One Thousand Gifts: Daring To Live Fully Right Where You Are. It is beautifully written. The author has a beautiful way with words... so it is a delight to read.
Oh, but what I am learning through it all. I have taken on the challenge to list 1,000 things I am thankful for. Things that are "gifts" to me, daily. We use the verse in Ephesians and kind of swipe our hand over "everything"... thinking we are being thankful.
We have however missed the mark. Are we truly thankful for EVERYTHING? Can I say, thank you Lord, when my ice maker is out? Can I see past the front of my house that needs work and cleaning, to say, thank You Lord, for my home? I am being challenged, to be happy, to find JOY, right where I am.
I challenge you to get this book and begin to read. Start a list of things you are thankful for.... small things, big things, everything. See how it affects your life. I promise, you will find a joy, that you have never had. I promise, that you will see blessing in the midst of the crisis. It will change your outlook on life.
I challenge you again, to bring this home. Have a wall, or a poster, or something in your home that you can have your children join you. If they are older, buy them a special journal. Create a home and family who understand gratitude. It is a lovely thing!!!
More to come..
(Feel free to click on my link 1000 Gifts.) Share some of yours!
Saturday, June 16, 2012
My Personal Top Five:
1. To give daily FOCUS to God in my prayers and devotions.
2. To give FOCUS daily to continue to enrich and grow my marriage, and show my great love and appreciation to my husband.
3. To FOCUS more intently on each child as a separate "soul" that needs to be fed and nourished with the love of God and His Word.
4. To FOCUS on my health. To make wise choices for my body. (I need this!)
5. To FOCUS in my choices of where to dedicate my time in order to fulfill my calling according to the talents He has given me.
My Home Top Five:
1. To be more diligent with the education of my children and use our time wisely in order for each child to reach their fullest potential. More hands on teaching!
2. To use my time more efficiently to organize and manage my household and cleaning.
3. To begin Mom or Dad date nights with the kids once a month.
4. To better my "couponing" abilities and handle our finances in a more proficient way.
5. To return to my love of scrapbooking/faithbooking in order to leave footprints of our heritage!
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
What a beautiful and precious word.... Grace.
It covers me daily.
It allows me to sing praise.
It allows me to worship.
It allows me to know, how much HE loves me.
It reminds me that my past is covered.
It reminds me that my future is set.
It reminds me that there is always a way through the darkness.
It brings me peace.
It brings me hope.
It brings me to a place of surrender and praise to my King.
Grace............ what a beautiful and precious word!